– I saw the cutest models EVER in IK
– I published my first collection of essays by other folks (and paid them, and a copy editor, and the printer, and broke even!)
– I discovered a new toy at Ikea – foldable boxes with a zip bottom I can use to transport teaching materials easily!
– We bought Hannah a violin. Now, lessons.
– I wrote my first letters of agreement (and had to use one to recover teaching fees…)
– Our family acquired health coverage this year (but over 45 million in the US are not…)
– I finally joined a frequent flyer program (and finally have a reason to!)
– I met CAP!
– We discovered that Max really DOES love and have an affinity for piano. Now, lessons.
– I met my goal of teaching workshops and classes at LYS’s and other venues for an average of twice a month.
– I hired my first knitters and have been rewarded magnificently for my trust.
– I put designing things I love ahead of designing for magazine submission deadlines (but I still submit!)
– I still have this chest congestion. Crap.
– But I did find a new woman doctor, nearby, who is wonderful. (And who I will be seeing very soon.)
– I acquired a palm and have become an Audible MP3 Recorded Book afficianado (and the NY Times, and the New Yorker, too…)
– PT Cruiser. Vroom.
– 2 Speeding tickets caught on camera in DC. Shame.
– I dyed my hair for the first time (thanks Audrey!)
– I finally started a 529 plan for Hannah (Max will have to wait a bit…)
– We lost a cat, but acquired a new kitten in Ohio.
– I saw fewer movies, but more DVDs, than ever before (thanks Netflix!)
– I broke down and acquired a business credit card to keep my expenses straight. Yeah, right.
In 2006 I will:
– Meet Drew in person!!
– Obtain passports for the entire family and get us out of the country at least once! (for a good reason)
– Have part of the basement redone as my office/workspace
– Paint the inside of the house (watch for color chips…)
– Make new draperies by the time the new Sofa and Chaise I bought arrive on 1/13 (yep, impulse by at a store going out of business – here’s a bad photo taken by my cell phone camera…)
– Be better organized when I travel (ship more, carry less…)
*That was the year that was