I’m off today to take advantage of the 70’s temps & the lovely breeze (thank you, Minnesota, for returning to your usual Summer weather sanity after the madness of last week…)
I’ll try to ride out the kinks. I swear, a day without riding and my joints get very testy.
And, on top of that, I had some DELICIOUS risotto from Trader Joe’s yesterday that Hannah was making for herself and Max, but unfortunately it contained wheat and I was laid LOW all evening with my flu-like fibro flare up. Damn. It doesn’t take much.
But back to the biking!
One biking website I like quite is bit is Let’s Go Ride A Bike (LGRAB) and, although I haven’t participated before, I’m going to participate in the LGRAB Summer Bike Games!
It’s pretty easy, and not physically challenging at all, something I can do without breaking a sweat. Although, let’s face it, this summer you can’t do ANYTHING without breaking a sweat!
- on vacation? rent a bike and go for a ride!
- write a letter advocating for bicycling infrastructure (bike lanes, bike rack, etc) to your alderman/council representative, mayor, or a local business.
- take a picture of something along your commute that says “summer” to you, and explain why
- commute to work by bike or bike/transit if you don’t already
- perform a maintenance task on your bike
- explore a greenway or bike path in your city that you haven’t previously visited
- test ride a different type of bike than you normally ride (road bike, mountain bike, etc.)
- read a book about cycling
- ride your bike somewhere new in your city
- go on a group ride
The only hard part is that I have to do the 4 between 2 set dates (7/22 and 8/4) I’ve done most of these already, but now I guess I’ll re-do some of them!
Today I’m going to accomplish several criteria:
- ride to someplace NEW (#9 – Como Park),
- do some minor maintenance work on my bike (#5 – fix my broken basket)
- explore a greenway that’s new (#6 Como Transitway to Mpls)
- take a picture (#3 – my camera is ready!)
…and in so doing I’m going to get myself BACK to a pain free place. I am. Really. I promise.